Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve \"unsolvable\" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 20 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
As a part of Masimo's Algorithms group you will perform research and development of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms which transform medical data obtained primarily from Masimo's non-invasive medical technologies into information that supports better clinical decisions. The algorithms group is responsible for transforming sensor data into measurements that are clinically relevant. Your responsibilities will include developing novel AI models which autonomously discover the correlations between sensed data and medically relevant conditions such as detecting specific diseases and predicting the likelihood and timing of future events. You will also engage with various groups such as software, hardware and systems to ensure that these algorithms can be practically deployed with high accuracies with minimal resource usage and maximum ease of use in existing and future Masimo products.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Designing, training and verifying machine learning models
* Quickly prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos
* Contribute to the organization's strong drive to be on the cutting edge of technology through the generation of patentable ideas
* Effectively communicate with engineering and marketing teams
* Delivering high quality software design, documentation and implementation
* B.S. degree in Computer Science
* Experience with AI frameworks such as: Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch, Caffe, etc.
* Experience in Python and C++
* Familiarity with AI algorithms for problems, like regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, structured output, anomaly detection etc.
* Ability to understand recent AI research papers and adapt those models to solve problems that are relevant to Masimo's mission
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Computer Science specialized in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Deep Learning
* 3+ years of industrial experience in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Deep Learning
* Experience in applying AI to biomedical data analysis
* Experience with robotics, computer vision and databases
B.S. degree in Computer Science with AI/ML courses
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver's license is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more!
Masimo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE* Thank you!
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, developer, devops, perl, php, programming, sde, software developer, software development engineer